For the purpose of transparency, Exercise Academy is the physical education arm for the School of Business Ltd, and here-forth referred to in this document as the Exercise Academy. Exercise Academy collects and stores information from this form to:
- Manage the business of Exercise Academy (including internal reporting, administrative processes and selection of scholarship and prize winners)
- Comply with the requirements of the Education Act 1989 and other legislation relating to maintenance of official records and accountability for public funding
- Supply information to government agencies and other organisations as set out below.
- Exercise Academy may add your personal details (name, date of birth, gender and residency) to the National Student Index, which is managed by the Ministry of Education.
Supply of information to government agencies and other organisations
The Exercise Academy supplies data collected on your enrolment to government agencies, including:
- The Ministry of Education
- The New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- The Tertiary Education Commission
- The Ministry of Social Development (StudyLink): in relation to student loans and allowances)
- Immigration New Zealand (a branch of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment): for those who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
Those agencies use the data supplied by tertiary education organisations to:
- Administer the tertiary education system, including allocating funding
- Develop policy advice for government
- Conduct statistical analysis and research.
The Ministry of Education may supply data collected on this form to Statistics New Zealand for the purposes of integrating data with data collected by other government agencies, subject to the provisions of the Statistics Act 1975. Integrated data is used for the production of official statistics, to inform policy advice to government and for research purposes.
When required by law,Exercise Academy releases information to government agencies such as the New Zealand Police, Department of Justice, Ministry of Social Development, and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
Information collected on this form may be supplied to other educational organisations for the purpose of verifying academic records.
In signing this enrolment form you authorise such disclosure on the understanding that the Exercise Academy will observe the conditions governing the release of information, as set out in the Privacy Act 1993, the Education Act 1989 and other relevant legislation. You may see any information held about you and request that any errors in that information be amended or noted. To do so, contact the Enrolments Officer.
Personal Information’ is any information about an individual (a living natural person) as long as that individual can be identified. Personal Information collected and held by Exercise Academy may include:
- Contact Number (telephone)
- Date of Birth
- Employment details
- Highest secondary schooling completed
- Other qualifications completed
- Current employment status
How Personal Information is collected and held
Exercise Academy only seeks to collect personal information where that information is necessary for one or more of its functions or activities.
- As far as is reasonable and practicable to do so, Exercise Academy will seek to collect personal information about an individual from that individual.
- Exercise Academy will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in unreasonably intrusive ways.
- Where Exercise Academy collects personal information from an individual, Exercise Academy will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is aware of:
- the identity of Exercise Academy and how to contact us
- the purposes for which the information is collected
- how to lodge a complaint if they feel their privacy has been breached
- the individual’s ability to gain access to their information
- the organisations or types of organisations to which Exercise Academy usually discloses information of that kind
- any laws that require the particular information to be collected
- the main consequences (if any) for the individual if all or part of the information is not provided.
Where Exercise Academy collects personal information about an individual from a third party (e.g. Refer a Friend Program), Exercise Academy will take reasonable steps to ensure the individual is made aware of all sub-points included in point 3.
Ability to deal with us without providing personal details
Whenever it is lawful and practical, individuals dealing with Exercise Academy will have the option of not identifying themselves. Exercise Academy is able to discuss general information about our products and services with you without you providing personal information. At a minimum we would like you to provide at least a pseudonym so we can later identify you and the information we have provided to you.
If you decide you would like to enrol into a course or require specific information provided based on your individual circumstances, we will require you to provide a range of personal information details based on the service you are requesting.
Purposes for which the entity collects, holds, uses, and discloses personal information
Exercise Academy collects, holds, uses, and discloses personal information when:
- The intended use is related to the primary purpose of collection (i.e. providing information regarding: courses, promotions, fitness industry)
- The use or disclosure of the information is for a secondary purpose such as external auditing
- The individual has consented to the use or disclosure
- The information is not sensitive information and is used for the secondary purpose of direct marketing
Disclosure to overseas recipients
Exercise Academy may disclose your personal information to an overseas Exercise Academy entity if one of the following occurs:
- You are requesting information about their qualifications,
- You are moving to one of these locations
- When Exercise Academy requires the support of these entities to maintain its level of customer service and response times.
Exercise Academy will also disclose your personal information to an overseas recipient if you make a written request for us to do so.
Disclosure to third-parties.
Exercise Academy utilises a third party provider for course fee payment plans. With your approval and consent to this payment option, Exercise Academy provides your enrolment form to this provider for the purpose and managing your payment plan.
Disclosure of Personal Information Credit Information to a Credit Reporting Agency
Exercise Academy may give a credit reporting agency personal information about your credit application. The information which may be given to an agency includes:
- Such permitted particulars about me / us to be identified.
- The fact that I / we have applied for finance and the amount.
- The fact that Exercise Academy is a current credit provider to you.
- Payments which have become overdue more than 60 days and for which collection action has commenced.
- Advice that payment are no longer overdue.
- Cheques drawn by me / us which have been dishonoured more than once.
- In specific circumstances, that in the opinion of Exercise Academy, I / we have committed a serious credit infringement.
That credit provided to me / us by Exercise Academy has been paid or otherwise discharged.
Accessing and seeking correction of personal information
Where Exercise Academy holds personal information about an individual, you are able to request access to this information or request a correction to the information. There are some reasons why access or correction may not be possible. If this is the case for you, we will outline in writing why you request is unable to be actioned.
Complaints about a breach of privacy
If you are not satisfied with the response, you are able to take your complaint to the Director of Exercise Academy. If you are still not satisfied with the response, you can take your complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Integrity of Personal Information
Data Quality & Security
Exercise Academy will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information that it collects, uses, or discloses is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Exercise Academy will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
Social Media Privacy Statement
Exercise Academy records any information posted to the Exercise Academy social media page and uses that information for the purpose of administering its social media page and considering and/or addressing any comments made. No attempt will be made to further identify ‘fans’ except where authorised by law.
Updates to this Policy
Exercise Academy will review this policy periodically or in line with Privacy Act or regulations changes. This document was created and updated on: